Tuesday 11 May 2010

Jewellery's First Outing

On Sunday I did my first jewellery stall at a fair. I also took along some of my linocuts and my hand-dyed bags. I was side-by-side with my friend Felted House :


Louisa from Felted House, forever tweaking.


My jewellery and cards on display

My framed linocut picture, portfolio and bags (only sold one & it was my favourite one as well). I didn't sell as much as I'd hoped, but neither did my friend, so I presume people just weren't in the spending mood. It was a countryside open day with just a few craft stalls so people were coming to see the alpacas, bees and birds of prey rather than looking to buy. Still it was a good experience and the stuff I brought home with me is already priced ready for the next one in two weeks, I just need to replenish my cards. This seahorse linocut is proving very popular:

Which surprises me. I carved it on the beach last year as a fun card for little pixie face's friends, but all the grown-ups seem to like it too - I even had someone buy it as a congratulations card for her cousin's wedding !

I did sell a few pieces of jewellery, but not enough that I have to restock, so I might list a few more creations on Folksy....

1 comment:

Felted House said...

Yes I was tweaking the whole day really wasn't I as people moved things around - sad perfectionist tendencies, I'm not nearly relaxed enough!
I'd posted that they were Llamas outside, and then found out yesterday that they were Alpacas and that the woman in charge of them was very insulted if you called them Llamas - at least I didn't say it to her face. Thank you for your company on the day xx