Tuesday 24 November 2009

Feeling Cross But Christmassy Too

Well the gallery only accepted one of my pieces for its Christmas exhibition - the mixed media honesty seed heads. The reason I'm cross is that they rejected my linocut reduction because of a scratch on the frame. Now I know that when I handed the picture over to them, the frame was absolutely pristine ( I've past experience of their fastidious approach to framing and displaying in general - not always my cup of tea but don't start me off on that one), but I have no proof and that's why I'm cross- I do so hate injustice! To distract myself from this wrong doing, I just had to add snow to my blog. And here's a picture I took this morning when I was up well before the sun (thinking ruminating, bad thoughts about someone damaging my frame...)



2 comments:

Felted House said...

I'm never up before the sun except in the depths of winter! For some reason the photo makes me think of Christmas even though I don't normally associate cobwebs with festivities! Perhaps it's all the falling snow!
Roll on Friday when we'll go and drink the gallery's wine!! xx

tammykingdon said...

Yes, it does have a wintery feel to it as opposed to hallowe'en. Still, it takes very little to make me feel christmassy these days - roll on frosts and snow!